No drugs problems on our estate
I JUST wanted to set the record straight regarding “Two shot in gang style execution” (Gazette, November 11, 2010).
I am a resident and was with one of the victims after the shooting. This estate does not have a drug problem. I have lived on the estate for 25 years and apart from some minor incidents nothing like this has ever happened.
I have always felt very safe here and to tar this estate as a rough area is wrong. This incident was a targeted event that was brought here from east London. – Name and address supplied.
IN response to the article regarding the two young men shot in Strang House, on the Cummings Estate (Gazette, November 11, 2010), it was reported that neighbours stated that the estate suffers from crime problems.
This is untrue. It is also claimed that the young men killed were near a known drugs hang out – also untrue.
You may also want to watch:
The playground that is referred to in the article is not a haven for drug dealers or users and is used by all the children in the area including children from Popham Estate where it is claimed that your information was gleaned.
I live in Strang House and was awoken by the gunshots. At no time were these shots mistaken for fireworks or anything else, I discovered Lee Wallace and stayed with him until he died. – Name and address supplied.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’