No drugs problems on our estate
I JUST wanted to set the record straight regarding “Two shot in gang style execution” (Gazette, November 11, 2010).
I am a resident and was with one of the victims after the shooting. This estate does not have a drug problem. I have lived on the estate for 25 years and apart from some minor incidents nothing like this has ever happened.
I have always felt very safe here and to tar this estate as a rough area is wrong. This incident was a targeted event that was brought here from east London. – Name and address supplied.
IN response to the article regarding the two young men shot in Strang House, on the Cummings Estate (Gazette, November 11, 2010), it was reported that neighbours stated that the estate suffers from crime problems.
This is untrue. It is also claimed that the young men killed were near a known drugs hang out – also untrue.
You may also want to watch:
The playground that is referred to in the article is not a haven for drug dealers or users and is used by all the children in the area including children from Popham Estate where it is claimed that your information was gleaned.
I live in Strang House and was awoken by the gunshots. At no time were these shots mistaken for fireworks or anything else, I discovered Lee Wallace and stayed with him until he died. – Name and address supplied.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension