Arsenal’s Nobbs wins player of month award
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Jordan Nobbs has been voted the PFA Bristol Street Motors fans’ WSL player of the month for September.
Nobbs made her return for the defending champions after nine months out with an injury in the opening-day win over West Ham United.
And she has made an impact since, scoring against Brighton & Hove Albion on Sunday as well as featuring in the 1-0 win over Manchester United.
Her fine form also saw her earn a call-up to the latest England Lionesses squad where she played in friendlies against Brazil and Portugal winning her 57th and 58th caps.
Nobbs was a second-half substitute as Arsenal slipped to their first defeat on Sunday as Chelsea came from behind to win 2-1 with goals from Beth England and Maria Thorisdottir.
You may also want to watch:
She held off competition from Tottenham's Rachel Furness, Everton's Chloe Kelly, Chelsea's Guro Reiten and Manchester City duo Steph Houghton and Pauline Bremer to win the award.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series