Arsenal’s Nobbs wins player of month award
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Jordan Nobbs has been voted the PFA Bristol Street Motors fans’ WSL player of the month for September.
Nobbs made her return for the defending champions after nine months out with an injury in the opening-day win over West Ham United.
And she has made an impact since, scoring against Brighton & Hove Albion on Sunday as well as featuring in the 1-0 win over Manchester United.
Her fine form also saw her earn a call-up to the latest England Lionesses squad where she played in friendlies against Brazil and Portugal winning her 57th and 58th caps.
Nobbs was a second-half substitute as Arsenal slipped to their first defeat on Sunday as Chelsea came from behind to win 2-1 with goals from Beth England and Maria Thorisdottir.
You may also want to watch:
She held off competition from Tottenham's Rachel Furness, Everton's Chloe Kelly, Chelsea's Guro Reiten and Manchester City duo Steph Houghton and Pauline Bremer to win the award.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 6 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 7 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 10 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes