Nominate an Islington hero to switch on famous Christmas lights
- Credit: Archant
This Christmas, one unsung hero of the borough who goes above and beyond the call of duty to make Islington a better place will get the chance to flick the switch on a an iconic set of festive lights.
The N1 Centre, in Parkfield Street, Islington has teamed up with the Gazette to give one deserving resident the opportunity to push the big red button illuminating the centre’s famous angel wings – following in the footsteps of Steve Brookstein, the first ever X-Factor Winner and in 2010, Larry and George Lamb – on November 23.
All entrants need to do is explain why they or their friend, family member, neighbour or colleague deserve the chance to turn on the magical Christmas lights.
Maybe they take the time to help out an older person with their shopping, or perhaps they do something to inspire children in the borough. Possibly they found the hero inside themselves when faced with a catastrophic situation. Whichever it is, we want to hear about it.
Lynne Glover, manager of the N1 Centre, said: “Our Christmas Light Switch On is a much-anticipated event in our festive calendar and really marks the start of the Christmas shopping season.
You may also want to watch:
“We really value our customers here at the N1 Centre so this year we wanted to involve everyone in our celebrations.
“We’re extremely excited about this year’s sparkling new display. Make sure you come down on November 23 to enjoy an exciting festive event including a special visit from Santa and his elves who’ll be handing out goodies.”
- 1 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 2 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 3 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 6 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 7 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 8 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 9 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
As well as switching on the lights, the eventual winner will be treated to an evening of VIP entertainment, including a delicious meal for two at Gourmet Burger King, tickets to catch the latest blockbuster at Vue and a festive fizz from the N1 Centre.
All nominees must live or work in the Islington area and entries must be no longer than 150 words.
Just send you entry, along with you name and contact details, to email@example.com
For further information on the N1 Centre’s Christmas Light Switch On event, visit www.n1islington.com