Nominate an Islington hero to switch on famous Christmas lights
- Credit: Archant
This Christmas, one unsung hero of the borough who goes above and beyond the call of duty to make Islington a better place will get the chance to flick the switch on a an iconic set of festive lights.
The N1 Centre, in Parkfield Street, Islington has teamed up with the Gazette to give one deserving resident the opportunity to push the big red button illuminating the centre’s famous angel wings – following in the footsteps of Steve Brookstein, the first ever X-Factor Winner and in 2010, Larry and George Lamb – on November 23.
All entrants need to do is explain why they or their friend, family member, neighbour or colleague deserve the chance to turn on the magical Christmas lights.
Maybe they take the time to help out an older person with their shopping, or perhaps they do something to inspire children in the borough. Possibly they found the hero inside themselves when faced with a catastrophic situation. Whichever it is, we want to hear about it.
Lynne Glover, manager of the N1 Centre, said: “Our Christmas Light Switch On is a much-anticipated event in our festive calendar and really marks the start of the Christmas shopping season.
You may also want to watch:
“We really value our customers here at the N1 Centre so this year we wanted to involve everyone in our celebrations.
“We’re extremely excited about this year’s sparkling new display. Make sure you come down on November 23 to enjoy an exciting festive event including a special visit from Santa and his elves who’ll be handing out goodies.”
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 8 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
As well as switching on the lights, the eventual winner will be treated to an evening of VIP entertainment, including a delicious meal for two at Gourmet Burger King, tickets to catch the latest blockbuster at Vue and a festive fizz from the N1 Centre.
All nominees must live or work in the Islington area and entries must be no longer than 150 words.
Just send you entry, along with you name and contact details, to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on the N1 Centre’s Christmas Light Switch On event, visit www.n1islington.com