Nominations open for Islington in Bloom horticultural contest
- Credit: Islington Council
Nominations are open for the Islington in Bloom competition.
Organised by the council and Islington Gardeners, Islington in Bloom gives residents a chance to take part by sprucing up their gardens, creating a colourful window display, or by growing gorgeous houseplants.
This year’s competition sees the introduction of a new category – best edible garden – to celebrate the most visually appealing and nutritious gardens in the borough.
Other categories are for the best back garden, front garden, container garden, children’s planting (14 years and under), window box, house plant, community garden and tree pit.
The council hopes the competition will encourage people to take up the hobby, which can be therapeutic and have a positive impact on mental health, during what remains a challenging time for many.
You may also want to watch:
Entrants should send one or two photos to judges at firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying what category they want to enter along with some personal details.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020