Nominations open for Islington in Bloom horticultural contest
- Credit: Islington Council
Nominations are open for the Islington in Bloom competition.
Organised by the council and Islington Gardeners, Islington in Bloom gives residents a chance to take part by sprucing up their gardens, creating a colourful window display, or by growing gorgeous houseplants.
This year’s competition sees the introduction of a new category – best edible garden – to celebrate the most visually appealing and nutritious gardens in the borough.
Other categories are for the best back garden, front garden, container garden, children’s planting (14 years and under), window box, house plant, community garden and tree pit.
The council hopes the competition will encourage people to take up the hobby, which can be therapeutic and have a positive impact on mental health, during what remains a challenging time for many.
You may also want to watch:
Entrants should send one or two photos to judges at email@example.com, specifying what category they want to enter along with some personal details.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London