Nominations open for Islington in Bloom horticultural contest
- Credit: Islington Council
Nominations are open for the Islington in Bloom competition.
Organised by the council and Islington Gardeners, Islington in Bloom gives residents a chance to take part by sprucing up their gardens, creating a colourful window display, or by growing gorgeous houseplants.
This year’s competition sees the introduction of a new category – best edible garden – to celebrate the most visually appealing and nutritious gardens in the borough.
Other categories are for the best back garden, front garden, container garden, children’s planting (14 years and under), window box, house plant, community garden and tree pit.
The council hopes the competition will encourage people to take up the hobby, which can be therapeutic and have a positive impact on mental health, during what remains a challenging time for many.
You may also want to watch:
Entrants should send one or two photos to judges at email@example.com, specifying what category they want to enter along with some personal details.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 3 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 6 Housing, LTN, Living Wage, child exploitation and charity shops
- 7 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Teyah Goldie, 16, makes Arsenal squad for north London derby
- 10 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed