Non-symptomatic Covid-19 test sites open in Islington
- Credit: Islington Council
Four asymptomatic Covid testing sites for key workers are now open in Islington.
People without symptoms of coronavirus can go to Arsenal Community Hub in Benwell Road, Islington Assembly Hall in Upper Street, St Luke's church in Holloway in Hillmarton Road, or Vibast Community Centre in Old Street to get a free NHS lateral flow test.
It takes about 15 minutes and provides a positive or negative result in an hour.
Frontline key workers who must leave home for their job should book a test online and bring a device that can receive texts to their appointment.
Islington Council has advised key workers to be tested regularly, but asked them to leave at least five days between appointments.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Sue Lukes, executive member for community safety in Islington, said: "Non-symptomatic testing for Covid is a vital way to reduce the spread of this terrible disease, and to help our key workers who might be unknowingly carrying the virus to find out, stay home and keep our community safe."
Anyone with symptoms of Covid-19 should book a symptomatic test at nhs.uk/coronavirus or on 119. You will be directed to centres at the Sobell Leisure Centre or Finsbury Leisure Centre.
- 1 Seventh man charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 2 Low Traffic Islington coalition launched to support council's LTN roll-out
- 3 Open spaces, LTNs, vouchers, vaccinations and neonatal care
- 4 Plans to chop down 70-year-old Islington mulberry tree paused
- 5 WATCH: Air ambulance called to Islington flat fire
- 6 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 7 Three strikes and you're out: Jail term for drug dealer
- 8 Police force entry to alleged Islington 'house party' amid pandemic
- 9 'This is the end of my political career': Richard Watts stands down
- 10 Over-65s vaccinations begin in England as centre reports lack of patients