North Bridge House Canonbury headteacher champions students’ efforts on A-level results day
- Credit: Archant
The headteacher of North Bridge House Senior Canonbury has lauded the efforts of his students on A-level results day.
A number of students achieved a clean sweep of A* to A grades, including Arpi Saruhanyan with an A* in maths and A grades in physics and further maths.
She is delighted to have secured a place at her first choice university, the University of Exeter to study astrophysics.
Economics was a particularly popular subject of study this summer with Josh Tucker of Hackney (three As) heading to Nottingham and Sepehr Edalation of Hampstead (two As and one B) to Queen Mary’s to study the subject while Yusif Cahusac of Hackney (three As and a B) will embark on a political economy course at Kings College, London.
Despite the reported demise of modern foreign language A-Levels, students at NBH Canonbury sat exams in French, Spanish, Italian and Chinese. Spanish results were particularly impressive this year, with all candidates securing A grades.
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan Taylor, head of senior school and sixth form at NBH, said: “These results, across a wide breadth of challenging subjects, are testimony to the commitment of both students and staff.
“While we are obviously delighted for the students holding a clutch of A grades, it is also a great source of pride that several students who had struggled with GCSEs elsewhere have been able to turn around their academic trajectory and are now embarking on university courses of their choice.”
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 9 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting