North London’s women remain top and unbeaten after victorious double-header
North London’s women remain top of the table and unbeaten after winning both games in their double-header at home against Totteridge Millhillians on Sunday.
Asked to bat in the first match, NL lost regular wickets but Middlesex Under-15 player Cerys Walker (53) hit her maiden half-century, while Irene Craik and Amie Douglas also chipped in with useful runs, as the hosts reached 102-9 after their allotted 20 overs.
The bowlers then took control when Totteridge replied, with Miranda Cook hitting the stumps four times in her opening two overs, and the visitors eventually fell 45 runs short.
North London again batted first in the second clash and this time Maia Harris – another of the club’s county age group players – took control, blasting an unbeaten 102 to take her team to an imposing total of 172-2.
NL then took early wickets again and, although Bea Barendilla led a fightback, the bowlers kept their discipline and restricted Totteridge to 73-5.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Martin Issitt said: “It was a challenging and long day but the side stuck to their task and played some excellent cricket.
“Playing on the club’s main square was also a great experience for them. The goal is to build upon this year’s successes and make the club a genuine local hub for women’s cricket.”
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension