North Middlesex Under-15s close in on national finals
North Middlesex’s Under-15s are just one win away from a place in the national finals of the ECB National T20 Cup after overcoming Bishop’s Stortford.
North Midd won the Middlesex county title in their age group to reach the south east region finals – and they have since progressed past Chesham and Stortford, posting 158-4 against their latest opponents at the weekend before bowling them out for 120.
Batting first at Bishop’s Stortford’s picturesque ground, the visitors were in trouble at 26-3 in the third over.
But a big partnership between Luke Hollman, who retired on 50, and Percy Verity – who struck 36 the day after a cycling trip in Romania – plus a quick cameo from Hugh Teesdale (23 not out) in the final overs took North Midd to a competitive total.
They used seven bowlers in the second innings and some accurate deliveries, backed up by composed fielding, meant the hosts were playing catch-up from the start.
You may also want to watch:
Ronnie West (4-19) was supported by Hugh Teesdale (1-6), Laurie Pearce (1-9), Joe Bangerter (1-9), Luke Hollman (1-25), Henry Howeld
(1-32) and Percy Verity (0-19) as four catches, three clean hits, two stumpings and a run-out left Bishop’s Stortford 38 runs short.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series