North Middlesex Under-15s close in on national finals
North Middlesex’s Under-15s are just one win away from a place in the national finals of the ECB National T20 Cup after overcoming Bishop’s Stortford.
North Midd won the Middlesex county title in their age group to reach the south east region finals – and they have since progressed past Chesham and Stortford, posting 158-4 against their latest opponents at the weekend before bowling them out for 120.
Batting first at Bishop’s Stortford’s picturesque ground, the visitors were in trouble at 26-3 in the third over.
But a big partnership between Luke Hollman, who retired on 50, and Percy Verity – who struck 36 the day after a cycling trip in Romania – plus a quick cameo from Hugh Teesdale (23 not out) in the final overs took North Midd to a competitive total.
They used seven bowlers in the second innings and some accurate deliveries, backed up by composed fielding, meant the hosts were playing catch-up from the start.
You may also want to watch:
Ronnie West (4-19) was supported by Hugh Teesdale (1-6), Laurie Pearce (1-9), Joe Bangerter (1-9), Luke Hollman (1-25), Henry Howeld
(1-32) and Percy Verity (0-19) as four catches, three clean hits, two stumpings and a run-out left Bishop’s Stortford 38 runs short.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 6 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 7 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 10 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade