North Middlesex Under-15s close in on national finals
North Middlesex’s Under-15s are just one win away from a place in the national finals of the ECB National T20 Cup after overcoming Bishop’s Stortford.
North Midd won the Middlesex county title in their age group to reach the south east region finals – and they have since progressed past Chesham and Stortford, posting 158-4 against their latest opponents at the weekend before bowling them out for 120.
Batting first at Bishop’s Stortford’s picturesque ground, the visitors were in trouble at 26-3 in the third over.
But a big partnership between Luke Hollman, who retired on 50, and Percy Verity – who struck 36 the day after a cycling trip in Romania – plus a quick cameo from Hugh Teesdale (23 not out) in the final overs took North Midd to a competitive total.
They used seven bowlers in the second innings and some accurate deliveries, backed up by composed fielding, meant the hosts were playing catch-up from the start.
Ronnie West (4-19) was supported by Hugh Teesdale (1-6), Laurie Pearce (1-9), Joe Bangerter (1-9), Luke Hollman (1-25), Henry Howeld
(1-32) and Percy Verity (0-19) as four catches, three clean hits, two stumpings and a run-out left Bishop’s Stortford 38 runs short.
- 1 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 2 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 3 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 4 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 5 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 6 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 7 Deadline extended for Islington's greener futures fund
- 8 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 9 Incinerator protest group WhatsApp infiltrated by waste authority member
- 10 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids