Norwich 2-2 Arsenal player ratings: Aubameyang and Leno immense as Mustafi struggles
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Freddie Ljungberg’s first game as Arsenal boss ended all square as the Gunners drew 2-2 with Norwich City on Sunday. Read Dan Mountney’s player ratings from Carrow Road.
Bernd Leno - 8 - Could do little with either goal and made a number of superb saves in the second-half. The German continues to do well as one of Arsenal's best performers.
Calum Chambers - 4 - His lack of pace was exposed time and time again by Hernandez. Done okay at right-back, but his long-term future surely lies in a central position.
David Luiz - 5 - Either he or Mustafi should have stepped out for both goals. Looked more assured than in other games, but still needs to improve.
Shkodran Mustafi - 3 - Should have done more to avert both goals and looked hopeless at times. He was given a big show of faith by Ljungberg, but he didn't repay it.
You may also want to watch:
Sead Kolasinac - 6 - Looked solid and assured at the back and got forward well, but his crossing must improve.
Granit Xhaka - 5.5 - Kept Arsenal ticking over nicely, but his lack of pace saw him exposed for both goals as he failed to provide suitable cover.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
Matteo Guendouzi - 6 - Battled away in the middle of the park and tried to drive Arsenal on, but was caught out too high up the pitch on a number of occasions.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - 8.5 - Where would Arsenal be without him? Showed nerves of steel to score the second penalty and took his second goal brilliantly. Captain's performance.
Joe Willock - 5 - Worked hard and had a bright opening spell to the game. Faded after that and did little to help Arsenal in the final third.
Mesut Ozil - 6 - Played out on the left and linked well with Kolasinac, although he would have been mover effective through the middle.
Alexandre Lacazette - 5.5 - Worked hard and link play well, but needs to do better in front of goal. The Frenchman looks to be lacking some confidence.
Lucas Torriera - 6 - Shored things up in the middle of the park.
Bukayo Saka - 5 - Offered little after coming on.
Gabriel Martinelli - N/A