Norwich 2-2 Arsenal player ratings: Aubameyang and Leno immense as Mustafi struggles
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Freddie Ljungberg’s first game as Arsenal boss ended all square as the Gunners drew 2-2 with Norwich City on Sunday. Read Dan Mountney’s player ratings from Carrow Road.
Bernd Leno - 8 - Could do little with either goal and made a number of superb saves in the second-half. The German continues to do well as one of Arsenal's best performers.
Calum Chambers - 4 - His lack of pace was exposed time and time again by Hernandez. Done okay at right-back, but his long-term future surely lies in a central position.
David Luiz - 5 - Either he or Mustafi should have stepped out for both goals. Looked more assured than in other games, but still needs to improve.
Shkodran Mustafi - 3 - Should have done more to avert both goals and looked hopeless at times. He was given a big show of faith by Ljungberg, but he didn't repay it.
You may also want to watch:
Sead Kolasinac - 6 - Looked solid and assured at the back and got forward well, but his crossing must improve.
Granit Xhaka - 5.5 - Kept Arsenal ticking over nicely, but his lack of pace saw him exposed for both goals as he failed to provide suitable cover.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
Matteo Guendouzi - 6 - Battled away in the middle of the park and tried to drive Arsenal on, but was caught out too high up the pitch on a number of occasions.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - 8.5 - Where would Arsenal be without him? Showed nerves of steel to score the second penalty and took his second goal brilliantly. Captain's performance.
Joe Willock - 5 - Worked hard and had a bright opening spell to the game. Faded after that and did little to help Arsenal in the final third.
Mesut Ozil - 6 - Played out on the left and linked well with Kolasinac, although he would have been mover effective through the middle.
Alexandre Lacazette - 5.5 - Worked hard and link play well, but needs to do better in front of goal. The Frenchman looks to be lacking some confidence.
Lucas Torriera - 6 - Shored things up in the middle of the park.
Bukayo Saka - 5 - Offered little after coming on.
Gabriel Martinelli - N/A