Now you and your mate can play cricket at The Oval
Have you ever fancied playing at The Oval alongside England legends? If so, now is the chance you’ve been waiting for!
Middlesex Panthers go head to head with London rivals Surrey Lions in the Friends Provident t20 next month – but, before that, there’s a chance for the fans to show what they can do.
Panthers and Lions fans will face each other – and some former England stars – in a Twenty20 encounter on the main pitch at the KIA Oval on Tuesday May 29.
The Middlesex Panthers side will be headed by Angus Fraser and a current member of the Panthers squad – and, thanks to Middlesex CCC and the Times, it could include you and a mate as well.
You’ll both be kitted out in the latest Panthers t20 gear and will also receive a highlights DVD of the match as a memento of your big day.
You may also want to watch:
And, to top it off, you and a group of friends will be handed free tickets (10 in all) to catch the main event at Lord’s, when Middlesex face Surrey under floodlights in the Friends Life t20 on Thursday June 14, starting at 6.15pm.
All you need to do, is tell us, in under 20 words, why you and your mate should be picked to represent the Panthers in this one-off legends and fans match!
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 9 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 10 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
Email your answer, along with your name, address and age, to us at email@example.com by 10am on Thursday May 24. Entrants must ensure they are free to take part at the KIA Oval on May 29, and also be in a suitable physical condition to play.
With Sri Lankan ace Lasith Malinga, one of the world’s best Twenty20 bowlers, on his way to Middlesex for the Friends Life t20 tournament, it promises to be an exciting few weeks at Lord’s.
The Panthers face Sussex Sharks on Sunday June 17, starting at 2.30pm. Gates open early, with fairground attractions, bouncy castle and much more on offer as part of the Funday Sunday theme to mark Fathers’ Day.
Middlesex also square up to Essex Eagles for another Thursday floodlit encounter at Lord’s on June 21 (starting at 6.15pm). For tickets, priced at �20 in advance, or �25 at the gate, visit www.lords.org/t20