Nude Kate Middleton ‘art’ says Caledonian councillor
- Credit: Tolga Akmen/LNP
An image of the Duchess of Cambridge in the nude has been hailed as public art by a local councillor.
The stencil of Her Royal Highness, naked expect for a crown on her baby bump, appeared on a wall in Caledonian Road, Islington, last week.
But Cllr Paul Convery, representing Caledonian Ward, says it wasn not graffiti.
He said: “It’s public art, a very urban type of art, and it’s tongue in cheek.
“All down the Cally we have art like this that is either semi-authorised or not authorised at all, but it’s all good stuff.
You may also want to watch:
“We will do what we can to keep it.”
because it brightens the neighbourhood up.”
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 9 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 10 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules