Staff at London-based nursery complete breast cancer charity walk, raising £3,540
- Credit: Three Little Birds Nurseries
Staff at a London-based nursery group completed a charity walk to raise more than £3,000 for breast cancer research.
Laura Millward was joined by colleagues at Three Little Birds Nurseries as she finished the Moonwalk London Charity Walk, raising £3,540.
Three Little Birds has a base in Islington with Clerkenwell Mount Nursery.
Laura completed the 26.2 mile distance after walking for more than 10 hours to honour her friend Jo who died of breast cancer last year.
James Morris, joint chief executive at Three Little Birds, said: “We pride ourselves on coming together as a team at Three Little Birds so we didn’t think twice about supporting Laura in Jo’s memory.”
Laura was scheduled to participate in the event with Jo in 2020 but it was postponed due to the Covid pandemic.
Participants traditionally wear colourful bras while walking and Laura was no exception.
- 1 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 2 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 3 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 4 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 5 'Save Islington's buses': Call for action as sweeping cuts loom
- 6 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 7 Plea date set for man accused of Sabita Thanwani killing
- 8 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
- 9 'Mistrust and fear' of services fuelling Islington BAME employment gap, research finds
- 10 Islington scammers jailed after preying on elderly victims
The Moonwalk London Charity Walk was established in 1998 after 13 women walked the New York City Marathon in their bras to raise money for breast cancer research.