OAP fighting for life after Archway crash
A pensioner has been left fighting for his life following a horrific crash in Archway this afternoon (Friday).
The 70-year-old man, who was on foot, bounced off the windscreen of a blue BMW, after a collision at the junction of Holloway Road and Junction Road at around 1.50pm.
He was rushed to the Royal London Hospital with life-threatening injuries, including serious head and chest wounds and a suspected dislocated shoulder.
Both Holloway Road and Junction Road have been closed, and traffic is being diverted.
Councillor Ursula Woolley, who represents Junction ward and cycled past the scene, said: “There were crowds and crowds of people gathered and there was someone lying in the road. It looked pretty nasty.
You may also want to watch:
“A lot of people have been calling for the Archway gyratory to be safer for years. This is another example of it being a disaster for somebody.”
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 5 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 8 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 9 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 10 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections