OAP fighting for life after Archway crash
A pensioner has been left fighting for his life following a horrific crash in Archway this afternoon (Friday).
The 70-year-old man, who was on foot, bounced off the windscreen of a blue BMW, after a collision at the junction of Holloway Road and Junction Road at around 1.50pm.
He was rushed to the Royal London Hospital with life-threatening injuries, including serious head and chest wounds and a suspected dislocated shoulder.
Both Holloway Road and Junction Road have been closed, and traffic is being diverted.
Councillor Ursula Woolley, who represents Junction ward and cycled past the scene, said: “There were crowds and crowds of people gathered and there was someone lying in the road. It looked pretty nasty.
You may also want to watch:
“A lot of people have been calling for the Archway gyratory to be safer for years. This is another example of it being a disaster for somebody.”
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 4 How much do you know about Islington?
- 5 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 6 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 'Eidevall has turned Arsenal from believers into contenders'