Oasis star Liam Gallagher to stage Islington club night
OASIS star Liam Gallagher is set to stage a special club night in Islington next month to promote his new clothing label.
The singer, 38, whose older brother Noel called time on the Britpop charttoppers when he quit the band earlier this year, will take over The Garage, at Highbury Corner, Highbury, on November 26.
Gallagher’s other brother Paul and former Oasis bandmate Andy Bell will among the DJs for the first-ever club night held by his fledgling fashion label Pretty Green.
The label is billed as “straight talking” and “dedicated to sharp and stylish dressing”.
Tickets for the night sold out within minutes of going on sale last week.
-Sir Tom Jones is to return to the Union Chapel following his acclaimed sold out show there last month.
The Welsh singer will perform tracks from his latest album Praise & Blame at a charity gig as part of Mencap’s annual Little Noise sessions at the venue, in Compton Terrace, Islington, on November 15.
- 1 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 2 Plea date set for man accused of Sabita Thanwani killing
- 3 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 4 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 5 International food festival coming to Islington this month
- 6 'Mistrust and fear' of services fuelling Islington BAME employment gap, research finds
- 7 'Save Islington's buses': Call for action as sweeping cuts loom
- 8 O2 Centre climb: Entertaining with fantastic panoramic views of London
- 9 Young stars of the design world celebrated at awards
- 10 Call to get vaccinated amid Covid surge
Other acts playing the mini-festival include The Kooks and Paulo Nutini.