Old Street bike crash latest: woman off critical list
A WOMAN knocked off her bike in a collision with a lorry in this morning’s rush hour is no longer in a critical condition - but the Old Street roundabout remains closed.
The 39-year-old old cyclist, who lives in the Homerton area of Hackney, suffered a fractured ankle and severe facial and shoulder injuries and is being treated at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
But fears that her life was in danger have receded and she is now expected to make a full recovery.
Six hours after the collision the roundabout is still closed though, as road traffic police continue to investigate.
A police spokeswoman said: “Police were called at 7.45am to reports of a road traffic collision in the Old Street Roundabout.
“Officers and London Ambulance Service attended to a woman cyclist who had been involved in a collision with a white tipper truck.
“The woman was taken to Royal London hospital with injuries described as non life threatening.
- 1 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 2 'Save Islington's buses': Call for action as sweeping cuts loom
- 3 Plea date set for man accused of Sabita Thanwani killing
- 4 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 5 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 6 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
- 7 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 8 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 9 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 10 Islington scammers jailed after preying on elderly victims
At 1pm Old Street Roundabout remained closed.”
Join the Gazette’s Hackney Cycle Safe campaign by going to the homepage and clicking on the campaign logo.