Old Street bike crash latest: woman off critical list
A WOMAN knocked off her bike in a collision with a lorry in this morning’s rush hour is no longer in a critical condition - but the Old Street roundabout remains closed.
The 39-year-old old cyclist, who lives in the Homerton area of Hackney, suffered a fractured ankle and severe facial and shoulder injuries and is being treated at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
But fears that her life was in danger have receded and she is now expected to make a full recovery.
Six hours after the collision the roundabout is still closed though, as road traffic police continue to investigate.
A police spokeswoman said: “Police were called at 7.45am to reports of a road traffic collision in the Old Street Roundabout.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers and London Ambulance Service attended to a woman cyclist who had been involved in a collision with a white tipper truck.
“The woman was taken to Royal London hospital with injuries described as non life threatening.
- 1 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
At 1pm Old Street Roundabout remained closed.”
Join the Gazette’s Hackney Cycle Safe campaign by going to the homepage and clicking on the campaign logo.