Old Street bike crash latest: woman off critical list
A WOMAN knocked off her bike in a collision with a lorry in this morning’s rush hour is no longer in a critical condition - but the Old Street roundabout remains closed.
The 39-year-old old cyclist, who lives in the Homerton area of Hackney, suffered a fractured ankle and severe facial and shoulder injuries and is being treated at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
But fears that her life was in danger have receded and she is now expected to make a full recovery.
Six hours after the collision the roundabout is still closed though, as road traffic police continue to investigate.
A police spokeswoman said: “Police were called at 7.45am to reports of a road traffic collision in the Old Street Roundabout.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers and London Ambulance Service attended to a woman cyclist who had been involved in a collision with a white tipper truck.
“The woman was taken to Royal London hospital with injuries described as non life threatening.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 8 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 9 'I was not jealous': MP Claudia Webbe denies harrasment charge
- 10 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
At 1pm Old Street Roundabout remained closed.”
Join the Gazette’s Hackney Cycle Safe campaign by going to the homepage and clicking on the campaign logo.