Old Street crash: Police appeal after cyclist seriously injured
No arrests have been made after a woman was knocked off her bike in a collision with a tipper truck at the Old Street roundabout in Shoreditch yesterday morning (February 24).
Paramedics treated the cyclist after the crash, which happened shortly before 7.45am.
The 39-year-old, who lives in the Homerton area of Hackney, suffered a fractured ankle and severe facial and shoulder injuries and is being treated at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
She remains in a serious condition. But fears that her life was in danger have receded and she is now expected to make a full recovery.
Officers from the Met’s traffic department are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the collision or who has information which could help police should call 020 8998 5319.
To join the Gazette’s Hackney Cycle Safe campaign, go to the homepage and click on the campaign logo.
- 1 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 2 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 3 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 4 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 5 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 6 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
- 7 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 8 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 9 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?