Old Street pub raises £400 for St Luke’s Community Centre
- Credit: Archant
An Old Street pub has donated £400 to St Luke’s Community Centre so it can invest in an inclusive ball game.
Cllr Troy Gallagher (Lab, Bunhill) ran a Christmas quiz at The Britannia Pub, in Ironmonger Row, on December 16, to raise money for St Luke’s, in Central Street.
The Britannia landlord Brendan Cluskey and Cllr Gallagher presented services users at St Luke’s with a £400 cheque on Wednesday.
Cllr Gallagher told the Gazette: “I was absolutely delighted to be able to do it.
“I run on every year at the pub and it’s always generously supported by residents.
You may also want to watch:
“I also want to say thank Brendan and his wife Dee and all the people at the Britannia for their support.”
The cash will help St Luke’s buy Boccia equipment for its Men’s Shed club. Boccia is a paralympic sport similar to bowls.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
Last year the quiz raised money for Macmillan Cancer Support.