Old Street start up businessman gets award nomination
- Credit: Archant
An Old Street entrepreneur is celebrating success after his business was nominated for a UK business award.
Company director, Henry Fagg, 36, told the Gazette it was a “pretty amazing achievement” for his online business, the Tutor Pages, to get a national nod.
Launched in 2008, the Tutor Pages, in City Road, Finsbury, beat tough competition from tech start-ups across London to become the capital’s online finalist in the 2014 Uk Business Awards. This year, 122 per cent more London firms applied for the accolade than in 2013.
Mr Fagg added that he was “delighted” by the nomination for his company, which specialises in online information about private tuition in the UK.
He said: “I’m especially proud that we were chosen as the London Online Business Finalist, considering the vibrant community of start-up companies that London is famous for.
“Every year we help thousands of parents and students find the tutor they need at no cost, and in addition provide thousands of free articles written by tutors on every topic imaginable to help them succeed in their learning – a testament to the positive power of the internet.”
Entering its second year, the UK Business Awards aims to shine a light of small companies and highlight homegrown innovation,
- 1 Missing: 29-year-old Islington woman found 'safe and well'
- 2 Appeal hearing of MP Claudia Webbe gets under way
- 3 Ex Arsenal player Lee Harper appeals for return of stolen shirt
- 4 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 5 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 6 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 7 40 firefighters called to scene as Highbury flat damaged
- 8 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 9 Gunners pub back open for Premier League climax
- 10 New cabinet announced for Islington Council
The winner will be announced by BBC’s The Apprentice favourite Karren Brady CBE at a ceremony on May 21.