Old Street start up businessman gets award nomination
- Credit: Archant
An Old Street entrepreneur is celebrating success after his business was nominated for a UK business award.
Company director, Henry Fagg, 36, told the Gazette it was a “pretty amazing achievement” for his online business, the Tutor Pages, to get a national nod.
Launched in 2008, the Tutor Pages, in City Road, Finsbury, beat tough competition from tech start-ups across London to become the capital’s online finalist in the 2014 Uk Business Awards. This year, 122 per cent more London firms applied for the accolade than in 2013.
Mr Fagg added that he was “delighted” by the nomination for his company, which specialises in online information about private tuition in the UK.
He said: “I’m especially proud that we were chosen as the London Online Business Finalist, considering the vibrant community of start-up companies that London is famous for.
You may also want to watch:
“Every year we help thousands of parents and students find the tutor they need at no cost, and in addition provide thousands of free articles written by tutors on every topic imaginable to help them succeed in their learning – a testament to the positive power of the internet.”
Entering its second year, the UK Business Awards aims to shine a light of small companies and highlight homegrown innovation,
- 1 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 2 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 3 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 6 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 7 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 8 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
The winner will be announced by BBC’s The Apprentice favourite Karren Brady CBE at a ceremony on May 21.