Old Street start up businessman gets award nomination
- Credit: Archant
An Old Street entrepreneur is celebrating success after his business was nominated for a UK business award.
Company director, Henry Fagg, 36, told the Gazette it was a “pretty amazing achievement” for his online business, the Tutor Pages, to get a national nod.
Launched in 2008, the Tutor Pages, in City Road, Finsbury, beat tough competition from tech start-ups across London to become the capital’s online finalist in the 2014 Uk Business Awards. This year, 122 per cent more London firms applied for the accolade than in 2013.
Mr Fagg added that he was “delighted” by the nomination for his company, which specialises in online information about private tuition in the UK.
He said: “I’m especially proud that we were chosen as the London Online Business Finalist, considering the vibrant community of start-up companies that London is famous for.
You may also want to watch:
“Every year we help thousands of parents and students find the tutor they need at no cost, and in addition provide thousands of free articles written by tutors on every topic imaginable to help them succeed in their learning – a testament to the positive power of the internet.”
Entering its second year, the UK Business Awards aims to shine a light of small companies and highlight homegrown innovation,
- 1 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 2 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 4 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 5 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 Whittington NHS bosses announce maternity transformation plans
- 8 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 9 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'
- 10 St George's Day, Partners Islington, LTNs and Local Plan policy
The winner will be announced by BBC’s The Apprentice favourite Karren Brady CBE at a ceremony on May 21.