Old Street start up businessman gets award nomination
- Credit: Archant
An Old Street entrepreneur is celebrating success after his business was nominated for a UK business award.
Company director, Henry Fagg, 36, told the Gazette it was a “pretty amazing achievement” for his online business, the Tutor Pages, to get a national nod.
Launched in 2008, the Tutor Pages, in City Road, Finsbury, beat tough competition from tech start-ups across London to become the capital’s online finalist in the 2014 Uk Business Awards. This year, 122 per cent more London firms applied for the accolade than in 2013.
Mr Fagg added that he was “delighted” by the nomination for his company, which specialises in online information about private tuition in the UK.
He said: “I’m especially proud that we were chosen as the London Online Business Finalist, considering the vibrant community of start-up companies that London is famous for.
You may also want to watch:
“Every year we help thousands of parents and students find the tutor they need at no cost, and in addition provide thousands of free articles written by tutors on every topic imaginable to help them succeed in their learning – a testament to the positive power of the internet.”
Entering its second year, the UK Business Awards aims to shine a light of small companies and highlight homegrown innovation,
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 3 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 4 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 5 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 6 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 7 Meet Charrli - the Islington start-up facilitating zero-waste shopping
- 8 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 9 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 10 Arsenal youngsters Hennessy and Goldie selected for England under 19s
The winner will be announced by BBC’s The Apprentice favourite Karren Brady CBE at a ceremony on May 21.