Olympic exhibition opens in Islington
An Olympic exhibition re-living the glory of the games opens today.
Celebrating 2012 will run until February 2 at Islington Museum, St John Street, Finsbury.
Highlights includes photos of the Olympic torches journey through the borough, when 100,000 people lined the streets, video footage from Olympic events in Islington and art by pupils to celebrate the school torch really.
Cllr Janet Burgess, Islington Council’s executive member for health and well-being, said: “The London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games brought many incredible moments, which we’ll remember for years to come.
“Islington saw a huge number of special Olympic events, from the arrival of the torch to colourful arts festivals, and this free exhibition gives residents the chance to relive some of the local highlights.”
You may also want to watch:
The museum opens 10am to 5pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday and admission is free.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 6 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey