Olympic Games comedy play in Highbury
Thespians are bringing the colourful history of the Olympic Games to life with a comedy performance in Highbury next week.
The Red Lights Theatre Company presents Monsieur de Coubertin’s Magnificent Opymlic� Feat! on Monday at St Augustine’s Church in Highbury New Park.
Set in 1896 Athens, the main character discovers his own marathon challenges in the way of European politics and Greek finance when trying to resurrect the sporting extravaganza.
The show, which is touring nationally, pays homage to the sporting history with astonishing athletic displays, slapstick entertainment and more than a few dodgy moustaches.
For more information visit www.ridinglights.org/opymlic or call the box office on 01904 613000.
Tickets for the show are priced at �12.50 or �10 for concessions.
- 1 Islington's Tory councillor calls for low traffic neighbourhoods to be scrapped
- 2 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 3 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 4 'The case for Arsenal starting places for Martinelli and Tierney'
- 5 Residents to quiz council over homes at Holloway Prison site
- 6 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 7 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 8 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 9 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
- 10 Gong bathing comes to Holloway, Dalston and Stoke Newington