Olympic Games comedy play in Highbury
Thespians are bringing the colourful history of the Olympic Games to life with a comedy performance in Highbury next week.
The Red Lights Theatre Company presents Monsieur de Coubertin’s Magnificent Opymlic� Feat! on Monday at St Augustine’s Church in Highbury New Park.
Set in 1896 Athens, the main character discovers his own marathon challenges in the way of European politics and Greek finance when trying to resurrect the sporting extravaganza.
The show, which is touring nationally, pays homage to the sporting history with astonishing athletic displays, slapstick entertainment and more than a few dodgy moustaches.
For more information visit www.ridinglights.org/opymlic or call the box office on 01904 613000.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the show are priced at �12.50 or �10 for concessions.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Upper Street coffee shop to start selling "quality" wine despite noise objections
- 3 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 4 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 5 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 6 Letter on Holloway Prison site development
- 7 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 8 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington