Olympic Games comedy play in Highbury
Thespians are bringing the colourful history of the Olympic Games to life with a comedy performance in Highbury next week.
The Red Lights Theatre Company presents Monsieur de Coubertin’s Magnificent Opymlic� Feat! on Monday at St Augustine’s Church in Highbury New Park.
Set in 1896 Athens, the main character discovers his own marathon challenges in the way of European politics and Greek finance when trying to resurrect the sporting extravaganza.
The show, which is touring nationally, pays homage to the sporting history with astonishing athletic displays, slapstick entertainment and more than a few dodgy moustaches.
For more information visit www.ridinglights.org/opymlic or call the box office on 01904 613000.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the show are priced at �12.50 or �10 for concessions.
- 1 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 2 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 4 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 5 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 Whittington NHS bosses announce maternity transformation plans
- 8 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 9 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'
- 10 St George's Day, Partners Islington, LTNs and Local Plan policy