Outrageous Islington rockers to represent Britain
ONE of Islington’s most outrageous music outfits has been chosen to represent Great Britain in the Global Battle of the Bands in Kuala Lumpur.
New electro rock act Scarlletta will fly out to Malaysia next month to play a three song set in front of a panel of industry judges and an audience of five thousand.
Laura Duckworth, 22, who lives in Chapel Market, Angel, and fronts the eccentric group, said: “The fact we are representing Great Britain is amazing for me. To represent your country at anything is a great achievement. I remember calling the rest of the band and asking ‘ever been to Malaysia?’ and hearing how excited they were.
“It’s such a great thing to be a part of. I’ve always wanted to travel but I chose a music career instead! Every penny goes into the band. It’s fantastic to get something back.”
The competition will appear on Malaysian TV and UK viewers will see the aftermath on Sky 1. The winning act will receive $100,000 to support their rise to stardom, and a once in a lifetime opportunity to promote their music on a world tour.
You may also want to watch:
Scarlletta was a finalist in Live & Unsigned in 2010 and a semi finalist in last season’s Must Be The Music. In March this year the band is due to appear in the new Louie Spence documentary and follow-on from Pineapple Dance Studios, Showbusiness.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man in court over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14