Oxjam Islington to host marathon party for charity
- Credit: Archant
The length and breadth of Upper Street will turn into one big party on Saturday for a special charity event.
Oxjam Islington Takeover features a host of bands, DJ’s and performers in some of Islington’s coolest venues in a marathon 16-hour shindig.
The eclectic array of acts includes Plant Plants, Paul Shine, Monsters Build Mean Robots, Refuge for the Meeks, Goat Patrol and Lazy Talk.
And the great and good of Upper Street have thrown their weight behind the event, with The Library, House of Wolf, the Ladybird bar and Rattlesnake all taking part.
This is the third Oxjam Islington - part of a nationwide festival to make money for charity Oxjam - and organisers hope this year’s shindig will raise a record-breaking amount of cash.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £12, with some early-bird tickets available for £6, and available via WeGotTickets.com.
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 3 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 4 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 5 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
- 6 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 7 Upper Street chef raises money for St Vincent volcano victims
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Islington district seal victory over Camden
- 10 Islington Boxing Club receives a major boost in fundraising campaign