Oxjam Islington to host marathon party for charity
- Credit: Archant
The length and breadth of Upper Street will turn into one big party on Saturday for a special charity event.
Oxjam Islington Takeover features a host of bands, DJ’s and performers in some of Islington’s coolest venues in a marathon 16-hour shindig.
The eclectic array of acts includes Plant Plants, Paul Shine, Monsters Build Mean Robots, Refuge for the Meeks, Goat Patrol and Lazy Talk.
And the great and good of Upper Street have thrown their weight behind the event, with The Library, House of Wolf, the Ladybird bar and Rattlesnake all taking part.
This is the third Oxjam Islington - part of a nationwide festival to make money for charity Oxjam - and organisers hope this year’s shindig will raise a record-breaking amount of cash.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £12, with some early-bird tickets available for £6, and available via WeGotTickets.com.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 6 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 7 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 8 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 9 Parkrun returns! Hundreds get back on track across north London
- 10 Statue in Noel-Baker Peace Garden replaced in Islington after 35 years