Pak’s: ‘Unique’ cosmetics business selling a Finsbury Park store for £250,000
- Credit: Archant
A London-wide wig empire has put one of its flagship Finsbury Park stores up for sale for £250,000.
The leasehold for Pak’s Hair Boutique, at 34-36 Stroud Green Road, is being flogged by Liberty Estate Agents for an annual rate of £100,000.
Pak’s, which specialises in African and Afro-Caribbean hair and beauty products, still has two shops further up the same street.
It’s owner, Tanvir Hussein, wasn’t available for comment.
But Islington’s economy boss Cllr Asima Shaikh (Lab, Finsbury Park) said: “I think Pak’s represents a really valuable part of the diverse retail offer of Finsbury Park. They are unique.
You may also want to watch:
“It has importance for our local community as well as the wider community – there are people who come to the area just to visit Pak’s.”
The sprawling cosmetics chain also has branches in Dalston’s Ridley Road and Wood Green’s Shopping City.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 5 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 8 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 9 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 10 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator