Park Theatre teams up with dementia charity for special performance
- Credit: Archant
People living with dementia can enjoy a day out at the Park Theatre today (Thu) with a special performance of black comedy Rabbits.
The matinee of the Joe Hampson play will be a relaxed affair designed to appease any anxiety people with dementia may have about watching a show.
One previous audience member said: “The staff made everything easy for us but not too different from a normal performance.”
The matinee has been developed by the theatre as part of its role with the Dementia Action Alliance.
Lorna Heap of the Park Theatre said the venue was committed to creating an environment that welcomes everyone. Patrick Gray, of the Alzheimer’s Society added: “Trips to the theatre can be rewarding but daunting for a person with dementia and their carer. Organisations are challenging the stigma around the condition.”
You may also want to watch:
Book your £10 ticket and free friend ticket by calling the theatre on 020 7870 6876.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 3 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 4 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 5 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 6 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 7 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 10 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park