Park toilets are a disgrace
It's festival season and Saturday, June 21, was an excellent example where local people clubbed together in Wray Crescent to put on a community festival. Well done to the Friends of Wray Crescent Open Space. The only let down was the toilets
It's festival season and Saturday, June 21, was an excellent example where local people clubbed together in Wray Crescent to put on a community festival. Well done to the Friends of Wray Crescent Open Space.
The only let down was the toilets, built years ago but not kept up to decent standard. While the rangers do their best, some investment is desperately needed in these facilities.
Wray Crescent is not the only park with terrible toilets. Highbury Fields and the Whittington Park are the same.
As a parent of young children I am constantly amazed that with the level of investment in public services in the last 10 years this council has done nothing in this regard. Surely children and older park users deserve better facilities in this day and age? Is it too much to ask for clean facilities, hot running water and some loo paper?
You may also want to watch:
Compared to the newly-refurbished convenience at the town hall for the highly paid Liberal Democrat councillors, our park toilets are a disgrace. I hope over the summer that more will be done to provide decent facilities to park users.
- Councillor Catherine West, Islington Labour leader, Islington Town Hall, Upper Street, N1.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting