Park toilets are a disgrace
It's festival season and Saturday, June 21, was an excellent example where local people clubbed together in Wray Crescent to put on a community festival. Well done to the Friends of Wray Crescent Open Space. The only let down was the toilets
It's festival season and Saturday, June 21, was an excellent example where local people clubbed together in Wray Crescent to put on a community festival. Well done to the Friends of Wray Crescent Open Space.
The only let down was the toilets, built years ago but not kept up to decent standard. While the rangers do their best, some investment is desperately needed in these facilities.
Wray Crescent is not the only park with terrible toilets. Highbury Fields and the Whittington Park are the same.
As a parent of young children I am constantly amazed that with the level of investment in public services in the last 10 years this council has done nothing in this regard. Surely children and older park users deserve better facilities in this day and age? Is it too much to ask for clean facilities, hot running water and some loo paper?
You may also want to watch:
Compared to the newly-refurbished convenience at the town hall for the highly paid Liberal Democrat councillors, our park toilets are a disgrace. I hope over the summer that more will be done to provide decent facilities to park users.
- Councillor Catherine West, Islington Labour leader, Islington Town Hall, Upper Street, N1.
- 1 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 10 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter