Pedestrian dies at scene of Islington crash
- Credit: Steve Merrick
A woman has died after a crash involving a motorcyclist in Islington.
The Met Police, London Ambulance Service (LAS) and an air ambulance rushed to the scene of a serious collision at the junction of Holloway Road and Windsor Road at 4.50pm yesterday (October 19).
Two ambulance crews, three paramedics in cars, and a LAS incident response officer were at the scene within two minutes.
However, a female pedestrian, believed to be in her 50s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A motorcyclist was taken to a major trauma centre, but his injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
At the time of the incident, Islington Police tweeted: “We are currently dealing with a serious collision at #HollowayRoad junction with Windsor Road, N7. A female pedestrian has sadly been pronounced dead at the scene.
“Please avoid the area as these roads will be closed for some time.”
- 1 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 2 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 3 Polio virus found in Islington sewage
- 4 'All I could see was the water coming up': Clean-up begins after Holloway flooding
- 5 'Like a tsunami': Burst water main floods Islington street
- 6 Murder investigation after teenager stabbed in Islington park
- 7 Hospital trust increasingly reliant on international medical staff
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 10 'Extremely distressing': Council leader's shock after Highbury Fields stabbing
An investigation around the circumstances of the incident is underway, and anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC, with reference CAD5364/19Oct.