Pedestrian dies at scene of Islington crash
- Credit: Steve Merrick
A woman has died after a crash involving a motorcyclist in Islington.
The Met Police, London Ambulance Service (LAS) and an air ambulance rushed to the scene of a serious collision at the junction of Holloway Road and Windsor Road at 4.50pm yesterday (October 19).
Two ambulance crews, three paramedics in cars, and a LAS incident response officer were at the scene within two minutes.
However, a female pedestrian, believed to be in her 50s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A motorcyclist was taken to a major trauma centre, but his injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
At the time of the incident, Islington Police tweeted: “We are currently dealing with a serious collision at #HollowayRoad junction with Windsor Road, N7. A female pedestrian has sadly been pronounced dead at the scene.
“Please avoid the area as these roads will be closed for some time.”
- 1 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 2 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
An investigation around the circumstances of the incident is underway, and anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC, with reference CAD5364/19Oct.