Pedestrian dies at scene of Islington crash
- Credit: Steve Merrick
A woman has died after a crash involving a motorcyclist in Islington.
The Met Police, London Ambulance Service (LAS) and an air ambulance rushed to the scene of a serious collision at the junction of Holloway Road and Windsor Road at 4.50pm yesterday (October 19).
Two ambulance crews, three paramedics in cars, and a LAS incident response officer were at the scene within two minutes.
However, a female pedestrian, believed to be in her 50s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A motorcyclist was taken to a major trauma centre, but his injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
At the time of the incident, Islington Police tweeted: “We are currently dealing with a serious collision at #HollowayRoad junction with Windsor Road, N7. A female pedestrian has sadly been pronounced dead at the scene.
“Please avoid the area as these roads will be closed for some time.”
- 1 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Letter: Saving green spaces from development
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
An investigation around the circumstances of the incident is underway, and anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC, with reference CAD5364/19Oct.