Pedestrian dies at scene of Islington crash
- Credit: Steve Merrick
A woman has died after a crash involving a motorcyclist in Islington.
The Met Police, London Ambulance Service (LAS) and an air ambulance rushed to the scene of a serious collision at the junction of Holloway Road and Windsor Road at 4.50pm yesterday (October 19).
Two ambulance crews, three paramedics in cars, and a LAS incident response officer were at the scene within two minutes.
However, a female pedestrian, believed to be in her 50s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A motorcyclist was taken to a major trauma centre, but his injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
At the time of the incident, Islington Police tweeted: “We are currently dealing with a serious collision at #HollowayRoad junction with Windsor Road, N7. A female pedestrian has sadly been pronounced dead at the scene.
“Please avoid the area as these roads will be closed for some time.”
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Stephen Lawrence Day: Time for racial equality in further education
- 10 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
An investigation around the circumstances of the incident is underway, and anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC, with reference CAD5364/19Oct.