Pedestrian hit by bus in Camden Road
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian was hit by a bus in Camden Road this afternoon.
A pedestrian is in a “life threatening” condition after being hit by a bus in Camden Road this afternoon.
The London Ambulance Service (LAS) was called to the junction with Camden Park Road at 2.41pm, amid reports of a road traffic collision involving a pedestrian.
Paramedics treated a man, believed to be in his 60s, for leg injuries at the scene before taking him to an east London hospital.
An LAS spokesperson said: “We sent an incident response officer and two ambulance crews. We also dispatched London’s Air Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
“We treated a man and took him by road to a major trauma centre.”
Camden Road was closed but has now reopened in both directions, with ongoing delays expected in Kentish Town Road and the surrounding streets due to extra congestion.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
The London Fire Brigade and Met Police were also in attendance.