Pedestrian hit by bus in Camden Road
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian was hit by a bus in Camden Road this afternoon.
A pedestrian is in a “life threatening” condition after being hit by a bus in Camden Road this afternoon.
The London Ambulance Service (LAS) was called to the junction with Camden Park Road at 2.41pm, amid reports of a road traffic collision involving a pedestrian.
Paramedics treated a man, believed to be in his 60s, for leg injuries at the scene before taking him to an east London hospital.
An LAS spokesperson said: “We sent an incident response officer and two ambulance crews. We also dispatched London’s Air Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
“We treated a man and took him by road to a major trauma centre.”
Camden Road was closed but has now reopened in both directions, with ongoing delays expected in Kentish Town Road and the surrounding streets due to extra congestion.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 6 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 7 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 10 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
The London Fire Brigade and Met Police were also in attendance.