City Road accident: Collision with bus puts woman in hospital
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian is in hospital after getting hit by a bus in City Road today.
Police were called were called at 12.35, amid reports of a collision just south of the Old Street roundabout.
Paramedics were also on the scene and rushed the pedestrian to an east London hospital.
A Met spokesperson said: “Police were called to City Road, EC1, near Old Street Station, at 12.35pm following reports of a collision between a bus and a pedestrian.
“LAS [London Ambulance Service] attended and treated a woman for injuries to her head and hand.
You may also want to watch:
“Her injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.”
An LAS spokesperson added: “We sent two ambulance crews, a paramedic in a fast response car, our hazardous area response team (HART) and an incident response officer to the scene. We also dispatched London’s Air Ambulance.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 5 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 6 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 7 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know
“The first paramedic arrived at the scene in less than four minutes.
“We treated a patient for a head injury and took him to a major trauma centre – by road – as a priority.
“We also checked over several other patients at the scene but they were not taken to hospital.”