City Road accident: Collision with bus puts woman in hospital
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian is in hospital after getting hit by a bus in City Road today.
Police were called were called at 12.35, amid reports of a collision just south of the Old Street roundabout.
Paramedics were also on the scene and rushed the pedestrian to an east London hospital.
A Met spokesperson said: “Police were called to City Road, EC1, near Old Street Station, at 12.35pm following reports of a collision between a bus and a pedestrian.
“LAS [London Ambulance Service] attended and treated a woman for injuries to her head and hand.
You may also want to watch:
“Her injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.”
An LAS spokesperson added: “We sent two ambulance crews, a paramedic in a fast response car, our hazardous area response team (HART) and an incident response officer to the scene. We also dispatched London’s Air Ambulance.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
“The first paramedic arrived at the scene in less than four minutes.
“We treated a patient for a head injury and took him to a major trauma centre – by road – as a priority.
“We also checked over several other patients at the scene but they were not taken to hospital.”