Pemberton Gardens street party helps bring neighbours together
- Credit: Archant
A street party held to help people get to know their neighbours at the weekend was a “great success,” according to the organiser.
An all day BBQ, a DJ, a hair and nail bar and a circus workshop were just some of the events on offer in Pemberton Gardens in Archway on Saturday, with locals all chipping in to bring the party together.
The get-together was held as part of ‘the big lunch’ initiative, which seeks to “get as many people as possible across the whole of the UK to have lunch with their neighbours in a simple act of community, friendship and fun.”
And organiser Yvette Daniel, of Pemberton Gardens, said that’s exactly what the event achieved.
“The feedback we got at the end of the day was fantastic,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“We were really happy with how everything went. People were kind enough to bring food from home, neighbours met who had never met before. A lot of the kids here go to different schools and don’t necessarily know each other, but they were in and out of each others houses playing games. It was a great day.”
Around one hundred people attended the event throughout the day, with locals staying and chatting out the front of their houses well into the evening.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Islington shooting victim named
- 9 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
- 10 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
To find out more about ‘the big lunch’, visit http://www.thebiglunch.com/