Pensioner killed in early hours crash in Holloway
- Credit: Archant
A pensioner in her mid-70s was killed after being hit by a motor scooter in the early hours of Saturday morning.
The woman died at the scene of the crash in Parkhurst Road, Holloway.
A post-mortem will take place on Wednesday before an inquest opens the following day at St Pancras Coroner’s Court.
The man in his 20s riding the scooter was injured and is still in hospital.
Police, who were called to the scene at 2.40am, now want to speak to a driver of a dark Toyota Prius who stopped to help the pair but left when the ambulance arrived.
You may also want to watch:
He was not involved in the crash but police think he may have information about what happened.
There have been no arrests.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
Anyone with information is asked to called the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 020 8991 9555 or the police non-emergency line on 101.