Pensioner killed in early hours crash in Holloway
- Credit: Archant
A pensioner in her mid-70s was killed after being hit by a motor scooter in the early hours of Saturday morning.
The woman died at the scene of the crash in Parkhurst Road, Holloway.
A post-mortem will take place on Wednesday before an inquest opens the following day at St Pancras Coroner’s Court.
The man in his 20s riding the scooter was injured and is still in hospital.
Police, who were called to the scene at 2.40am, now want to speak to a driver of a dark Toyota Prius who stopped to help the pair but left when the ambulance arrived.
You may also want to watch:
He was not involved in the crash but police think he may have information about what happened.
There have been no arrests.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
Anyone with information is asked to called the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 020 8991 9555 or the police non-emergency line on 101.