Andover Estate fire: Woman dies and people evacuated from blazing Finsbury Park building
- Credit: Archant
A person has died and people are being evacuated from a flaming building in Finsbury Park’s Andover Estate.
Police were called at 12:41pm, following reports of a fire in a residential building in Mingard Walk.
The London Fire Brigade and London Ambulance Service were also scrambled to the scene.
A Met Police spokesperson said: "Residents are being evacuated.
One [woman] has been pronounced dead.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire will be investigated."
Another person has been taken to hospital for treatment - their condition is not yet known.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
A bystander told the Gazette they saw a "person brought out onto the balcony" from "family-sized flat" who "wasn't moving".
Lucy Brown, who lives in a flat opposite the estate, told the Gazette: "I can see two fire engines, four ambulances and a few police cars. We have been told by one of the firefighters that someone's died and someone else is critical but we don't know anything what caused it [the fire].
"Looking out of the window, I just saw a stretcher - they put someone in an ambulance.
"Originally I looked out of the window and only saw one fire engine. My boyfriend is a firefighter [off-duty today], so I said: 'What's happening?'
"There was smoke coming from a flat in the Andover Estate, on the other side of the building.
"I never saw any flames, just smoke. I'm really confused. I feel like there's a lot of police cars."
This page is being updated...
Have you been evacuated from the Andover Estate? Did you see what happened? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org