Person dies under a train at Finsbury Park station
A man has died after being hit by train on the eastbound Piccadilly Line at Finsbury Park Tube station.
The emergency services were called just before 8.15am on Sunday to reports of someone underneath a train.
London’s Air Ambulance attended and pronounced the victim, believed to be 27-year-old and from the Edmonton area, dead at the scene.
The Piccadilly Line was closed until around 9am and suffered severe delays for the rest of the morning.
A spokesman for British Transport Police (BTP), said: “BTP can confirm that a man died after being struck by an eastbound Piccadilly line train at Finsbury Park London Underground station on Sunday, March 11.
“The incident was reported to police at 8.09am and is currently being treated as non-suspicious.”
BTP will prepare a file for the coroner.
- 1 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 2 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 3 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 4 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 5 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 6 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 7 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 8 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 9 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 10 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'