Person dies under Victoria Line train at King’s Cross
- Credit: Archant
The line was shut down for an hour after ambulance service found the victim dead at the scene
A man has died after falling under a tube train at Kings Cross station.
Emergency services were called to the incident on the Victoria line just before 8.30pm, which forced a shutdown of the service for about an hour from Highbury and Islington to Warren Street, Transport for London said.
A number of paramedics from London Ambulance service as well as the air ambulance were sent to the scene.
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman said: “We were called to King’s Cross St Pancras Underground station shortly before 8.30pm on Thursday, June 4 following a report of a person struck by a train.
You may also want to watch:
“BTP officers attended the northbound Victoria line platform, alongside colleagues from London Fire Brigade and London Ambulance Service. A man, believed to be in his 20s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
“The incident is currently not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
“The man’s family has been informed.”