- Credit: Archant
UKIP candidate for Islington South and Finsbury
Marital status: Married
Children: Four, all grown, with 3 grandsons
You may also want to watch:
Interests outside politics: Bee-keeping and wildlife gardening, classical music, technology, travel, languages, sub-aqua, high diving and swimming, chair of residents TMO and community centre, primary school governor, ex-Territorial Army and active Freemason.
Current job: Semi-retired Telecoms and IT consultant, with my own small, fully automated technology business and my consultancy company.
- 1 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 2 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 6 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 7 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
Any directorships/ other financial interests: Just the above.
What is your local connection to the area: I was born in Finsbury and have always lived and worked in Islington.
If I am elected, the first thing I will do is: Create a working group to push for a massive investment in national digital fibre infrastructure to close the digital divide where large areas of Britain have no access to high speed internet and are therefore denied job opportunities in the new digital economy. I will simultaneously start head-hunting for 48 local people to stand as Ukip councillors at the next local council elections.
This would be through open interviews, and will be open to ALL comers, regardless of race religion, colour, gender, age or social standing.
How would you/did you vote on the following issues:
Assisted suicide? Yes, i would support it - with agreement of family and 3 doctors - or based or prior video recorded testimony and 2 doctors.
Gay marriage? Yes - allowed, but not enforced (meaning no particular religious group (of any faith) should be forced to conduct a marriage ceremony if they object to it on religious grounds)
UK military action against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s government? No - we should only interfere abroad in extremis, (eg to prevent genocide, or to assist with humanitarian relief).
We have a poor record on overseas interventions and we should not risk our own troops lives fighting un-winnable wars. These are not wars, they are never ending conflicts that cannot be solved by outside influence - only internal agreement between feuding neighbours. It all starts with a regional ceasefire and an equitable two state solution in Palestine.
Smoking in cars? It is wrong to expose children to smoke in any confined space - I would only vote to a ban for when child in vehicle, not a complete ban.