Peyraud-Magnin to leave Arsenal Women
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal Women’s goalkeeper Pauline Peyraud-Magnin will leave the club when her contract expires this summer.
Peyraud-Magnin only featured three times for the Gunners during the 2019-20 Super League season, playing 270 minutes in total before the competition ended with immediate effect due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The Frenchwoman also played four Continental cup games as Arsenal went on to reach the final and three Champions League ties and has been linked with a move back to France where she won three league titles and two Champions League crowns with Lyon.
She also had spells with Issy, St-Étienne and Marseille, with Bordeaux – who are managed by former Gunners boss Pedro Martínez Losa – reported to be interested in securing her services when she leaves north London.
French news outlet L’Equipiere are saying Peyraud-Magnin will not be returning to France, however.
You may also want to watch:
Peyraud-Magnin replaced European goalkeeper of the year Sari Van Veenedaal in the starting line-up during Arsenal’s WSL title-winning season of 2018-19, keeping seven clean sheets in the process.
Gunners boss Joe Montemurro is well known for rotating goalkeepers but Austrian number one Manuela Zinsberger played 12 of the 15 games before the recent season was curtailed.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
The return of Fran Stenson from her loan at Blackburn Rovers will allow Peyraud-Magnin to leave, but it is not yet known if Arsenal are on the lookout for another keeper leading into the 2020-21 campaign.
Peyraud-Magnin had made 25 appearances for the club in total since signing in 2018. She last played for France in their 1-0 win over Brazil in March before the health crisis saw all action stopped.