Pharmaceutical company suing Moorfields Eye Hospital Foundation Trust for £1.9million
- Credit: Archant
A pharmaceutical company is bringing a £1.9million legal case against Moorfields Eye Hospital Foundation Trust over an alleged breach of contract.
SciPharm Sarl, based in Luxembourg, is suing the Trust in a case being heard at the London Circuit Commercial Court.
SciPharm Sarl claim the Trust has breached a contract signed by its former subsidiary, Moorfields Pharmaceuticals.
A spokesperson for Moorfields Eye Hospital said: "There is an ongoing commercial case related to SciPharm and Moorfields Eye Hospital. This is from 2011 and with regard to our former pharmaceutical business.
"We have refuted the allegations made and are preparing to defend the points raised by SciPharm through the appropriate legal process."
You may also want to watch:
The Trust sold the business in question to Rayner Pharmaceuticals Limited for an undisclosed price in 2016.
SciPharm Sarl, which develops drugs to treat rare conditions like Orphan disease, did not respond to our request for comment.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Islington shooting victim named
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education