Piccadilly Line assault: Police release CCTV images after woman hit with newspaper and elderly person attacked at Caledonian Road Station
- Credit: Archant
British Transport Police has released CCTV images of a man it wants to trace in connection to an attack on a Piccadilly Line train on December 3 – and an assault on an elderly person at Caledonian Road Station.
The train was passing between Holborn and Caledonian Road stations at 4.45pm when a man hit a woman with a newspaper and pinned her to her seat so she couldn't escape.
The attacker followed her to the ticket hall of Caledonian Road station, where he argued with the victim and a witness.
He then forced his way out of the station, shoving an elderly person to the floor at he left.
Anyone who knows him to asked to contact BTP by texting 61016 or by calling 0800 40 50 40.
You may also want to watch:
In both cases, quote reference number 346 of 3/12/19.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
Did you see what happened? Were you a victim of these attacks? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244