Pictures: Easter farm fun at Islington shopping centre
- Credit: Archant
Families make four-legged friends at newly re-named Angel Centre
A festival of farmyard-related fun took place at the newly re-branded Angel Central shopping centre.
To help keep youngsters entertained during the Easter holidays, shoppers were treated to a petting farm last Wednesday and Thursday at the mall on Parkfield Street, Islington.
Children could pet and feed a variety of four-legged chums, including pygmy goats, lambs, pigs, rabbits, chickens and a donkey, along with experts to teach them about the animals and their role in the countryside.
Centre Manager Lynne Glover said: ”Our animal-related events are always popular with local families, so we’re excited to welcome back the farm for our customers.
You may also want to watch:
“It offers the perfect opportunity for children to meet animals they may not otherwise see in central London.
“It is a great way to entertain and educate the kids over the holidays, whilst parents can enjoy a spot of retail therapy.”
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 5 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 6 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 7 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know
It was the first event since the centre, previously known as The N1 Centre, was relaunched as Angel Central last month.