Pie and mash shop serves up meeting with Islington Council leader
A TRADITIONAL cockney pie and mash shop in Chapel Market will host the latest “pop-up” surgery with the leader of Islington Council.
Residents will be able to tuck into a tasty lunch at L Manze while grilling Councillor Catherine West about the issues that concern them.
The surgery will take place next Thursday (10) from 2pm to 3pm at the well-known landmark in the busy market street.
Councillor West said: “These are hard times, with government cuts hitting Islington hard.
“These pop-up surgeries are a great chance for people in the community to say what’s important to them.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re interested in what everyone’s got to say, especially people who can’t make it to council meetings, so do please drop in if you want to chat.”
The pie and mash “pop-up” surgery follows supermarket surgeries in Morrisons at Nag’s Head and Iceland in Archway.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 8 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque
- 9 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
More locations in Islington are being sought for future “pop-up” surgeries. If you have any suggestions please call Anna Roberts on 020 7527 2000.