Pie and mash shop serves up meeting with Islington Council leader
A TRADITIONAL cockney pie and mash shop in Chapel Market will host the latest “pop-up” surgery with the leader of Islington Council.
Residents will be able to tuck into a tasty lunch at L Manze while grilling Councillor Catherine West about the issues that concern them.
The surgery will take place next Thursday (10) from 2pm to 3pm at the well-known landmark in the busy market street.
Councillor West said: “These are hard times, with government cuts hitting Islington hard.
“These pop-up surgeries are a great chance for people in the community to say what’s important to them.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re interested in what everyone’s got to say, especially people who can’t make it to council meetings, so do please drop in if you want to chat.”
The pie and mash “pop-up” surgery follows supermarket surgeries in Morrisons at Nag’s Head and Iceland in Archway.
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 6 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 7 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 8 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 9 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 10 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
More locations in Islington are being sought for future “pop-up” surgeries. If you have any suggestions please call Anna Roberts on 020 7527 2000.