Pie and mash shop serves up meeting with Islington Council leader
A TRADITIONAL cockney pie and mash shop in Chapel Market will host the latest “pop-up” surgery with the leader of Islington Council.
Residents will be able to tuck into a tasty lunch at L Manze while grilling Councillor Catherine West about the issues that concern them.
The surgery will take place next Thursday (10) from 2pm to 3pm at the well-known landmark in the busy market street.
Councillor West said: “These are hard times, with government cuts hitting Islington hard.
“These pop-up surgeries are a great chance for people in the community to say what’s important to them.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re interested in what everyone’s got to say, especially people who can’t make it to council meetings, so do please drop in if you want to chat.”
The pie and mash “pop-up” surgery follows supermarket surgeries in Morrisons at Nag’s Head and Iceland in Archway.
- 1 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 2 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 3 Overground suspended in Hackney and Islington
- 4 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 5 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 6 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 7 Even better than the real thing? Tribute bands to see in north London before 2022
- 8 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 9 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 10 Islington food bank sees applicants triple
More locations in Islington are being sought for future “pop-up” surgeries. If you have any suggestions please call Anna Roberts on 020 7527 2000.