Pie and mash shop serves up meeting with Islington Council leader
A TRADITIONAL cockney pie and mash shop in Chapel Market will host the latest “pop-up” surgery with the leader of Islington Council.
Residents will be able to tuck into a tasty lunch at L Manze while grilling Councillor Catherine West about the issues that concern them.
The surgery will take place next Thursday (10) from 2pm to 3pm at the well-known landmark in the busy market street.
Councillor West said: “These are hard times, with government cuts hitting Islington hard.
“These pop-up surgeries are a great chance for people in the community to say what’s important to them.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re interested in what everyone’s got to say, especially people who can’t make it to council meetings, so do please drop in if you want to chat.”
The pie and mash “pop-up” surgery follows supermarket surgeries in Morrisons at Nag’s Head and Iceland in Archway.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 9 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 10 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
More locations in Islington are being sought for future “pop-up” surgeries. If you have any suggestions please call Anna Roberts on 020 7527 2000.