Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang signs new Arsenal contract
- Credit: PA
Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has signed a new three-year contract at the club.
The 31-year-old announced that he has agreed fresh terms following prolonged negotiations with the Gunners, which began long before he scored a brace in the 2-1 FA Cup final win over Chelsea on August 1.
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta recently told fans to “relax” as he grew increasingly confident that a deal would be struck between the club and the man who has finished as their top scorer in his two full seasons in north London.
“Arsenal fans, finally as you know I just signed the thing,” he said in a live Instagram stream from the Emirates Stadium.
Aubameyang moved to Arsenal from Borussia Dortmund in January 2018 - for a then-club record fee.
You may also want to watch:
He has since gone on to score 72 goals across 111 games in all competitions, including the last in Saturday’s 3-0 Premier League opening day victory at Fulham.
- 1 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 4 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 5 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 8 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 9 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020