Platform numbers at Finsbury Park station set to change
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Platform numbers will change at Finsbury Park’s First Capital Connect (FCC) station today to make space for an additional line.
Trains will depart from the same platforms but each platform will now have a new number two higher than before.
The changes will enable the station, which serves 6.5 million passengers a year, to accommodate a new line which will open in December to improve rail services.
Karen Sherwin, station manager, said: “Our passengers’ trains will leave from exactly the same place as before but the platform they use will have a new number. We will be handing out leaflets and using posters, Twitter and public address announcements to help spread the message.”
Network Rail are making the changes to create space for two new platforms and a new passenger line, which will open in December 2013 to ease congestion on the rail network and improve the reliability of train services.
You may also want to watch:
In the longer term, as more trains are made available through the Thameslink Programme, the extra passenger line will make space for more services across all lines on the Great Northern route and provide a link from Finsbury Park to the Thameslink route with direct trains across the capital to London Bridge and beyond.
Customers are urged to see www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/stationsfor more information.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 4 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
Finsbury Park national rail station is used by 6.5 million passengers a year.