Platform numbers at Finsbury Park station set to change
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Platform numbers will change at Finsbury Park’s First Capital Connect (FCC) station today to make space for an additional line.
Trains will depart from the same platforms but each platform will now have a new number two higher than before.
The changes will enable the station, which serves 6.5 million passengers a year, to accommodate a new line which will open in December to improve rail services.
Karen Sherwin, station manager, said: “Our passengers’ trains will leave from exactly the same place as before but the platform they use will have a new number. We will be handing out leaflets and using posters, Twitter and public address announcements to help spread the message.”
Network Rail are making the changes to create space for two new platforms and a new passenger line, which will open in December 2013 to ease congestion on the rail network and improve the reliability of train services.
In the longer term, as more trains are made available through the Thameslink Programme, the extra passenger line will make space for more services across all lines on the Great Northern route and provide a link from Finsbury Park to the Thameslink route with direct trains across the capital to London Bridge and beyond.
Customers are urged to see www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/stationsfor more information.
- 1 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 2 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 3 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 4 Poorer households in Islington could see council tax cut
- 5 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 6 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas
- 7 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event
- 8 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 9 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough
- 10 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
Finsbury Park national rail station is used by 6.5 million passengers a year.