Platform numbers at Finsbury Park station set to change
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Platform numbers will change at Finsbury Park’s First Capital Connect (FCC) station today to make space for an additional line.
Trains will depart from the same platforms but each platform will now have a new number two higher than before.
The changes will enable the station, which serves 6.5 million passengers a year, to accommodate a new line which will open in December to improve rail services.
Karen Sherwin, station manager, said: “Our passengers’ trains will leave from exactly the same place as before but the platform they use will have a new number. We will be handing out leaflets and using posters, Twitter and public address announcements to help spread the message.”
Network Rail are making the changes to create space for two new platforms and a new passenger line, which will open in December 2013 to ease congestion on the rail network and improve the reliability of train services.
In the longer term, as more trains are made available through the Thameslink Programme, the extra passenger line will make space for more services across all lines on the Great Northern route and provide a link from Finsbury Park to the Thameslink route with direct trains across the capital to London Bridge and beyond.
Customers are urged to see www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/stationsfor more information.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 2 Man arrested, cyclist seriously injured after alleged hit and run
- 3 MP Claudia Webbe loses harassment conviction appeal - but sentence reduced
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Jewish Heritage Trail project receives massive funding boost
- 6 New mayor to support Islington hospitals
- 7 Plaistow police officer to face GBH trial after man left paralysed
- 8 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 9 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 10 Woman harassed by Claudia Webbe wanted MP 'to be humiliated'
Finsbury Park national rail station is used by 6.5 million passengers a year.