Police appeal after moped set on fire in Islington
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV footage of a moped set on fire in the hope of identifying a suspect.
On Thursday November 12, police were called by the London Fire Brigade to reports of a moped set alight outside the ‘Spitfire’ building in Collier Street, Islington, at around 6.00am.
The suspect is seen on CCTV setting a block of polystyrene alight next to the moped and walk away. He is described as a white man wearing a dark cap, dark hooded jacket, jeans and trainers.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may recognise him or witnessed the arson. They are also keen to hear from anyone who has information about a small number of arson-related fires started on nearby streets at the time.
A 26-year-old man was arrested on Friday November 13 on suspicion of arson to vehicles near to Collier Street on November 10 and 11. However he is not believed to be the same man shown in the footage. He is bailed to a north London Police Station in early February 2016 pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to contact police on 101, quoting reference number 196135 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 4 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years