Police appeal after moped set on fire in Islington
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV footage of a moped set on fire in the hope of identifying a suspect.
On Thursday November 12, police were called by the London Fire Brigade to reports of a moped set alight outside the ‘Spitfire’ building in Collier Street, Islington, at around 6.00am.
The suspect is seen on CCTV setting a block of polystyrene alight next to the moped and walk away. He is described as a white man wearing a dark cap, dark hooded jacket, jeans and trainers.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may recognise him or witnessed the arson. They are also keen to hear from anyone who has information about a small number of arson-related fires started on nearby streets at the time.
A 26-year-old man was arrested on Friday November 13 on suspicion of arson to vehicles near to Collier Street on November 10 and 11. However he is not believed to be the same man shown in the footage. He is bailed to a north London Police Station in early February 2016 pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to contact police on 101, quoting reference number 196135 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 4 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 5 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 6 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 7 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 8 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 9 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket