Police appeal after moped set on fire in Islington
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV footage of a moped set on fire in the hope of identifying a suspect.
On Thursday November 12, police were called by the London Fire Brigade to reports of a moped set alight outside the ‘Spitfire’ building in Collier Street, Islington, at around 6.00am.
The suspect is seen on CCTV setting a block of polystyrene alight next to the moped and walk away. He is described as a white man wearing a dark cap, dark hooded jacket, jeans and trainers.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may recognise him or witnessed the arson. They are also keen to hear from anyone who has information about a small number of arson-related fires started on nearby streets at the time.
A 26-year-old man was arrested on Friday November 13 on suspicion of arson to vehicles near to Collier Street on November 10 and 11. However he is not believed to be the same man shown in the footage. He is bailed to a north London Police Station in early February 2016 pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information is urged to contact police on 101, quoting reference number 196135 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington's Tory councillor calls for low traffic neighbourhoods to be scrapped
- 2 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 3 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 4 'The case for Arsenal starting places for Martinelli and Tierney'
- 5 Residents to quiz council over homes at Holloway Prison site
- 6 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 7 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 8 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 9 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
- 10 Gong bathing comes to Holloway, Dalston and Stoke Newington