Police appeal after moped set on fire in Islington
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV footage of a moped set on fire in the hope of identifying a suspect.
On Thursday November 12, police were called by the London Fire Brigade to reports of a moped set alight outside the ‘Spitfire’ building in Collier Street, Islington, at around 6.00am.
The suspect is seen on CCTV setting a block of polystyrene alight next to the moped and walk away. He is described as a white man wearing a dark cap, dark hooded jacket, jeans and trainers.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may recognise him or witnessed the arson. They are also keen to hear from anyone who has information about a small number of arson-related fires started on nearby streets at the time.
A 26-year-old man was arrested on Friday November 13 on suspicion of arson to vehicles near to Collier Street on November 10 and 11. However he is not believed to be the same man shown in the footage. He is bailed to a north London Police Station in early February 2016 pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to contact police on 101, quoting reference number 196135 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 2 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 4 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 7 Whittington NHS bosses announce maternity transformation plans
- 8 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 9 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'
- 10 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord completes move to Bundesliga side VfL Wolfsburg