Police chase ends with driver crashing into car and traffic lights in Essex Road
- Credit: Photographic and Imaging Unit
A police chase started in Hackney and ended when a driver crashed into another car and hurtled into traffic lights in Essex Road last night.
Cops on patrol in Hackney signalled for a driver to stop at about 9.35pm in Richmond Road - but when the car sped off they gave chase.
After smashing into the Essex Road traffic lights, the driver ran off. But, after "a short foot chase", officers arrested someone in connection to the incident.
A Met Police source said: "He was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply cannabis and driving offences and taken into custody where he remains."
One Twitter user, John J O'Sullivan, who witnessed some of the incident, wrote: "Police chase! It's all happening in Islington... BMW driver crashed into traffic light, airbag. Then peep ran. Armed Police chased and left their car. Drama alert!". But a Met Police source said firearms officers were not involved.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see what happened? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 5 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 6 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild