‘Unexplained death’ in Highbury: Body in Fieldway Crescent sparks police investigation
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating the “unexplained” death of a man near Central Library last night.
Officers were called to reports of a man in cardiac arrest in Fieldway Crescent at 8.37pm.
A 26-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene at 8.59pm.
A Met Police spokesperson said: “His next of kin have been informed. The death is being treated as unexplained.”
A post-mortem examination is due to take place tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
One bystander, who saw the aftermath of the incident but asked not to be named, told the Gazette: “The body was found just behind the library where the block of flats are. Police were looking around the library to see if there was CCTV.”
A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “We were called at 7:05pm to reports of a person unwell.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 4 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 7 £1.5m revamp of Stroud Green Primary School given go-ahead
- 8 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 9 'Holborn isn't the only dangerous junction for cyclists and pedestrians'
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing
“We sent an incident response officer, three medics in response cars and an ambulance crew.
“Sadly, despite the efforts of medics a person died at the scene.”
Did you see what happened? Call Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk at 020 7433 0121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org