‘Unexplained death’ in Highbury: Body in Fieldway Crescent sparks police investigation
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating the “unexplained” death of a man near Central Library last night.
Officers were called to reports of a man in cardiac arrest in Fieldway Crescent at 8.37pm.
A 26-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene at 8.59pm.
A Met Police spokesperson said: “His next of kin have been informed. The death is being treated as unexplained.”
A post-mortem examination is due to take place tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
One bystander, who saw the aftermath of the incident but asked not to be named, told the Gazette: “The body was found just behind the library where the block of flats are. Police were looking around the library to see if there was CCTV.”
A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “We were called at 7:05pm to reports of a person unwell.
- 1 Islington shooting victim named
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 5 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 6 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
“We sent an incident response officer, three medics in response cars and an ambulance crew.
“Sadly, despite the efforts of medics a person died at the scene.”
Did you see what happened? Call Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk at 020 7433 0121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org