Police name Holloway cycle death victim
A CYCLIST who died following with a collision with car yesterday has been named as Colin Hawkes.
The 64-year-old charity worker from South Woodford was involved in an accident with a silver Peugeot 307 at the junction of Carleton Road and Pleshey Road, Holloway, shortly after 8am.
He died not long afterwards in hospital.
The 34-year-old driver of the car stopped at the scene and was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. He has since been bailed to return to a north London police station in May.
A post mortem will be scheduled in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the Road Death Investigation Unit based at Alperton Traffic Garage are investigating.
Anyone who witnessed the collision, or the events leading up to it, should call 0208 998 5319.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 5 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 6 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 7 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers