Police name Holloway cycle death victim
A CYCLIST who died following with a collision with car yesterday has been named as Colin Hawkes.
The 64-year-old charity worker from South Woodford was involved in an accident with a silver Peugeot 307 at the junction of Carleton Road and Pleshey Road, Holloway, shortly after 8am.
He died not long afterwards in hospital.
The 34-year-old driver of the car stopped at the scene and was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. He has since been bailed to return to a north London police station in May.
A post mortem will be scheduled in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the Road Death Investigation Unit based at Alperton Traffic Garage are investigating.
Anyone who witnessed the collision, or the events leading up to it, should call 0208 998 5319.
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 9 Islington is getting a big name restaurant
- 10 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head