Police negotiators talk down man threatening to jump from Archway Bridge
A man who was threatening to jump from Archway Bridge was talked down by police officers last night.
Emergency services were called to the scene at 9.50pm to reports of a vulnerable man on the bridge.
Police officers from Islington Response Team closed both Hornsey Lane and Archway Road while they negotiated with the 21-year-old man to come down.
At 11pm, the man was brought to safety and assessed on the scene by paramedics.
He was taken to the Whittington Hospital in Magdala Avenue, Highgate, as a precaution under the Mental Health Act.
You may also want to watch:
Roads around the bridge, where there have been a number of suicides in recent years, were re-opened shortly afterwards.
- 1 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 4 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 5 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 6 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 9 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 10 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking