Police raid alleged brothels and arrest Finsbury Park man on suspicion of human trafficking
- Credit: Archant
Police raided several alleged brothels in London and Essex and arrested a man on suspicion of human trafficking in Finsbury Park last night.
Officers stormed addresses in Finsbury Park, Brentwood, Basildon, Colchester and Southend - and they arrested five people, while three were safeguarded.
An Essex Police spokesperson said: "Five people have been arrested on suspicion of human trafficking after we executed warrants at several properties we believed to be brothels.
"The arrests made were: a 39-year-old woman from Southend and a 53-year-old woman from Basildon, a 30-year-old man and 34-year-old woman from Poplar and a 47-year-old man from Finsbury Park.
They remain in custody for questioning."
You may also want to watch:
Police confirmed a Finsbury Park suspect was arrested at an address in the area.
Did you see what happened? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 9 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition