Police raid alleged brothels and arrest Finsbury Park man on suspicion of human trafficking
- Credit: Archant
Police raided several alleged brothels in London and Essex and arrested a man on suspicion of human trafficking in Finsbury Park last night.
Officers stormed addresses in Finsbury Park, Brentwood, Basildon, Colchester and Southend - and they arrested five people, while three were safeguarded.
An Essex Police spokesperson said: "Five people have been arrested on suspicion of human trafficking after we executed warrants at several properties we believed to be brothels.
"The arrests made were: a 39-year-old woman from Southend and a 53-year-old woman from Basildon, a 30-year-old man and 34-year-old woman from Poplar and a 47-year-old man from Finsbury Park.
They remain in custody for questioning."
You may also want to watch:
Police confirmed a Finsbury Park suspect was arrested at an address in the area.
Did you see what happened? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 8 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey