Police reissue appeals over death of husband-to-be Matthew Fallon found in Holloway

Matthew Fallon died three days after being assaulted. Picture: Metropolitan Police

Matthew Fallon died three days after being assaulted. Picture: Metropolitan Police - Credit: Archant

Police have renewed appeals for witnesses to an incident that claimed the life of husband-to-be Matthew Fallon.

Mr Fallon, 45, died in hospital last Thursday, two days after he was found unconscious metres from his home in Isledon Road at about 7.50pm on Tuesday.

Officers say he sustained a serious head injury in an incident in Tollington Road, near to the junction where it merges with Isledon Road.

They are keen to trace witnesses, in particular a woman cyclist who spoke to officers last Tuesday but left before they took her details.

This woman, who was white with tied-back hair and aged around 30 to 35, and anyone else who may be able to help should call police on 020 8345 3715.

You may also want to watch:

It is understood Mr Fallon was due to marry hotel receptionist Nicky Hallam in September and the pair were living together in a flat in Isledon Road just metres from the spot where he was found unconscious.

Ms Hallam took to Twitter as the tragedy unfolded, writing on Thursday: “This waiting game is a nightmare! Don’t know what to do.”

Most Read

Later that evening she posted “Goodnight my darling you will be with me forever”, followed by a further heartfelt message on Friday: “You always were and will be my angel.”

Leroy English, 35, of Hornsey Road, Holloway, appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Monday charged with the manslaughter of Mr Fallon. A date has yet to been set for his next court appearance.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter