Police reissue appeals over death of husband-to-be Matthew Fallon found in Holloway
- Credit: Archant
Police have renewed appeals for witnesses to an incident that claimed the life of husband-to-be Matthew Fallon.
Mr Fallon, 45, died in hospital last Thursday, two days after he was found unconscious metres from his home in Isledon Road at about 7.50pm on Tuesday.
Officers say he sustained a serious head injury in an incident in Tollington Road, near to the junction where it merges with Isledon Road.
They are keen to trace witnesses, in particular a woman cyclist who spoke to officers last Tuesday but left before they took her details.
This woman, who was white with tied-back hair and aged around 30 to 35, and anyone else who may be able to help should call police on 020 8345 3715.
It is understood Mr Fallon was due to marry hotel receptionist Nicky Hallam in September and the pair were living together in a flat in Isledon Road just metres from the spot where he was found unconscious.
Ms Hallam took to Twitter as the tragedy unfolded, writing on Thursday: “This waiting game is a nightmare! Don’t know what to do.”
- 1 Missing: 29-year-old Islington woman found 'safe and well'
- 2 Appeal hearing of MP Claudia Webbe gets under way
- 3 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 4 Ex Arsenal player Lee Harper appeals for return of stolen shirt
- 5 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 6 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 7 40 firefighters called to scene as Highbury flat damaged
- 8 Man accused of sexual assaults in Camden and Islington bailed
- 9 Gunners pub back open for Premier League climax
- 10 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
Later that evening she posted “Goodnight my darling you will be with me forever”, followed by a further heartfelt message on Friday: “You always were and will be my angel.”
Leroy English, 35, of Hornsey Road, Holloway, appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Monday charged with the manslaughter of Mr Fallon. A date has yet to been set for his next court appearance.