Police reissue appeals over death of husband-to-be Matthew Fallon found in Holloway
- Credit: Archant
Police have renewed appeals for witnesses to an incident that claimed the life of husband-to-be Matthew Fallon.
Mr Fallon, 45, died in hospital last Thursday, two days after he was found unconscious metres from his home in Isledon Road at about 7.50pm on Tuesday.
Officers say he sustained a serious head injury in an incident in Tollington Road, near to the junction where it merges with Isledon Road.
They are keen to trace witnesses, in particular a woman cyclist who spoke to officers last Tuesday but left before they took her details.
This woman, who was white with tied-back hair and aged around 30 to 35, and anyone else who may be able to help should call police on 020 8345 3715.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood Mr Fallon was due to marry hotel receptionist Nicky Hallam in September and the pair were living together in a flat in Isledon Road just metres from the spot where he was found unconscious.
Ms Hallam took to Twitter as the tragedy unfolded, writing on Thursday: “This waiting game is a nightmare! Don’t know what to do.”
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 6 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 7 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 10 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
Later that evening she posted “Goodnight my darling you will be with me forever”, followed by a further heartfelt message on Friday: “You always were and will be my angel.”
Leroy English, 35, of Hornsey Road, Holloway, appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Monday charged with the manslaughter of Mr Fallon. A date has yet to been set for his next court appearance.