Police reissue appeals over death of husband-to-be Matthew Fallon found in Holloway
- Credit: Archant
Police have renewed appeals for witnesses to an incident that claimed the life of husband-to-be Matthew Fallon.
Mr Fallon, 45, died in hospital last Thursday, two days after he was found unconscious metres from his home in Isledon Road at about 7.50pm on Tuesday.
Officers say he sustained a serious head injury in an incident in Tollington Road, near to the junction where it merges with Isledon Road.
They are keen to trace witnesses, in particular a woman cyclist who spoke to officers last Tuesday but left before they took her details.
This woman, who was white with tied-back hair and aged around 30 to 35, and anyone else who may be able to help should call police on 020 8345 3715.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood Mr Fallon was due to marry hotel receptionist Nicky Hallam in September and the pair were living together in a flat in Isledon Road just metres from the spot where he was found unconscious.
Ms Hallam took to Twitter as the tragedy unfolded, writing on Thursday: “This waiting game is a nightmare! Don’t know what to do.”
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
Later that evening she posted “Goodnight my darling you will be with me forever”, followed by a further heartfelt message on Friday: “You always were and will be my angel.”
Leroy English, 35, of Hornsey Road, Holloway, appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Monday charged with the manslaughter of Mr Fallon. A date has yet to been set for his next court appearance.