Police release e-fit image after attempted rape in the Cally
- Credit: Archant
Police have released an e-fit image of a man they want to find following the attempted rape of a woman in the Cally.
The incident happened at about 2.40am on March 10 when the victim, a woman in her 30s, got off a bus in Caledonian Road at the junction with Market Road.
As she walked along Market Road towards York Way she heard a male voice calling after her.
She ignored him and kept walking but was grabbed from behind and dragged towards an alleyway off Market Road.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: "A struggle ensued and the woman managed to fight her attacker off although she sustained a facial injury during the fight. The man then fled down Market Road towards York Way."
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests. Police are investigating.
Anyone with information that could assist the investigation is asked to contact officers in the Central North Command Unit on 101, quoting CAD949/10Mar or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 4 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 8 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 9 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 10 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games