Police release picture of suspect linked to officer getting punched in Finsbury Park station
- Credit: Archant
British Transport Police (BTP) have released an image of a man they wish to trace in relation to an off-duty cop getting thumped in Finsbury Park station on December 3.
The special constable was punched in the face after he told a man to stop vandalising a Piccadilly Line train.
The officer was able to snap a picture of a suspect before he was attacked, which shows a bearded man with a tattoo on his neck holding a bottle of Cockburns whisky.
The day after the attack, a BTP spokesperson said: “Officers are investigating after a man was assaulted in Finsbury Park Underground station.
“At around 9.30pm, it believed the man, who was about to board a Piccadilly Line service, intervened after noticing some anti-social behaviour on the platform and was then assaulted.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident or recognises the suspect is asked to contact BTP by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 and quoting reference 604 of 03/12/18.”
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 4 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 5 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 8 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25