Police release picture of suspect linked to officer getting punched in Finsbury Park station
- Credit: Archant
British Transport Police (BTP) have released an image of a man they wish to trace in relation to an off-duty cop getting thumped in Finsbury Park station on December 3.
The special constable was punched in the face after he told a man to stop vandalising a Piccadilly Line train.
The officer was able to snap a picture of a suspect before he was attacked, which shows a bearded man with a tattoo on his neck holding a bottle of Cockburns whisky.
The day after the attack, a BTP spokesperson said: “Officers are investigating after a man was assaulted in Finsbury Park Underground station.
“At around 9.30pm, it believed the man, who was about to board a Piccadilly Line service, intervened after noticing some anti-social behaviour on the platform and was then assaulted.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident or recognises the suspect is asked to contact BTP by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 and quoting reference 604 of 03/12/18.”
- 1 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing